"Aura via Gadgets" Read the full series

AURA VIA GADGETS

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

A TRAINING PERIOD EXPERIENCE


It was around eleven O' clock in the night, I hadn’t taken my dinner.

I couldn’t leave, work hadn’t been finished yet
I blamed myself, everyone coming to my mind.
A rain started to fall, Oh! Great, another surprise
I wore my raincoat; I was sweating like hell inside it
Three laborers were working still
I knew they were hungry as me, surely more than me
But I didn’t see any sorrow, but their happy faces,
You can only see in the Miami Beach or at a DJ party?
I heard their voices,
They were telling some funny stories, while working in the heavy rain
They were enjoying their job?
I was curious and asked from one,
“How come you are so happy?”
“Life is a nasty place, nobody knows what is going to happen next,
Best way to live is, living without complaining”
He replied.
  


Piyankara Ganegoda
Civil Engineering
General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University


No comments:

Post a Comment